The message is clear – Diversity and equality in the workplace promotes a healthy environment of employees, thus a health company.
However, there are some people in some companies who do not see this important fact, or are not necessarily adhering to it. It’s important for leaders or management to serve as an example to everyone else when it comes to promoting diversity, as well as equality.
Even if you do not hold a position of power or influence within your company, you can still promote a healthy workplace environment by advocating for equality and diversity. This means simply serving as an example for others to follow.
Here are a few steps:
1. Form a committee around diversity/equality and improve your company culture.
2. For managers: Analyze statistics of current employee population to make sure there is enough diversity and proper equality.
3. Deliberately recruit for new positions while keeping diversity in mind.
4. Make the company’s equal employment policy known.
5. Train current employees on how to deal with and benefit from diversity.
Taking all these steps to improve the environment at your workplace and serving as an example to others will prove to be beneficial to the company.